Friday, February 6, 2009

Greetings,

Here's my report from last week's PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Florida.

First of all the economic struggles were very evident with less vendors & attendees in recent years. Frankly, I enjoyed not having to fight the usual crowds!

Below is a snippet of what I experienced and liked in new equipment:

TITLEIST www.titleist.com
All of my "test drives" were hit at the indoor range in the convention center so ball flight was limited.

Fairway Woods
909F2 is a high launch with mid spin; I liked the their multi-relief sole design for shots from the rough. ( great players who struggle with getting fairway woods airborne)
909F3 is a mid launch with low spin with a small, deeper face for greater shot control
Both models were visually pleasing and easy to swing.
909H - I am very picky about hybrids, but I loved these and will probably have one or two in my bag this season. With a "modern chassis" this club soled nicely and got the ball airborne with ease.

Irons
AP2 - if you like the feel of forged clubs & the forgiveness of perimeter weighting. These clubs had a great feel. I can't wait to see ball flight on Trackman or an outdoor setting. Performance clubs for ball flight workability.

AP1 - with a thin top-line you are hardly aware you are swing a cast iron. Multi-materials: steel mixed with a tungsten nickel sole, elastomer bar and aluminum cavity. Great for gaining a higher trajectory.

CALLAWAY www.callawaygolf.com
Woods & Hybrids - I absolutely loved the feel of the Big Bertha Diablo. Great feel & performance sole for achieve higher trajectory.

Irons - in the past I've not been a big fan of Callaway . . . I've always had difficulty "feeling" shots.
XZ-22 - "higher level of feel for skilled players" paired with forgiveness and a "sleek" look. I really liked the feel of these irons.
Women's X-22 - great feel with these irons as well

Next report . . . The Answer to lower back

No comments: